BJP rakes up lab technician recruitment issue in WB

BJP makes big gains in Hyd polls, TRS falls short of majority

New Delhi:  The recruitment of 22 Muslim lab technicians in a blood bank in Nadia district in West Bengal has turned into a political slugfest.

The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which has alleged that the Mamata Banerjee-led government is giving jobs only to Muslims in the state, is now cashing in on the controversy.

BJP MP from Barrackpore Arjun Singh told IANS, “The issue of restoring Muslims as lab technicians in Nadia is just the tip of the iceberg; the Mamata government is employing only Muslims as a strategy to garner votes from the community.”

He said the Mamata-led government feels that only 30 per cent of Muslims will vote for her party in the coming Assembly elections while the remaining 70 per cent will vote against it.

The BJP MP said that due to the policies of the government, not only the majority community, but the Bengali Muslims were also getting upset. A few days ago, he added, a mass movement was organised by Bengali Muslims in South 24 Parganas.

He alleged the Mamata government was doing injustice to 70 per cent of the majority community people, adding that it was just one of the many such cases that have come to the fore.

All the senior leaders of the state BJP are tweeting about the lab technician recruitment issue. The party is preparing itself to campaign door-to-door and organise a mass movement on this issue.