Breaking News

Realme plans to set up R& D center in Hyderabad, launches C2 in offline markets

Realme to open hrd center

China-based Smartphone maker Realme, which started its operations in India one-year back, is planning to set up its own Research and Development (Rand D) centre in Hyderabad, said Madhav Sheth, Chief Executive officer, Realme India here on Monday.
Talking to reporter after launching Realme C2 smartphone in offline markets here, MadhavSheth said the proposed centre which will come up in Hyderabad, would be developed new technologies for the Indian consumers.
We have 7 million active users in the country, he claimed and said that our market share expected to touch between 10-15 per cent by 2019 end against the current market share of 7 per cent in smartphone segment.
Out of the total sales, 70 per cent are contributing by online market and remaining 30 per cent coming from Offline, Sheth informed and said that we are also coming up with mobile accessories soon.
The company’s manufacturing plant in Greater Noida has a production capacity of almost 60-80 million handsets a year, he said the new Realme C2 , the value king Smartphone will available in the offline stores throughout the country in 8000 stores including 158 stores in Telangana, and will go on sale in stores from June 15, 2019.
The stylish device Realme C2 will support an expandable 256GB storage with a triple independent card slot which supports dual SIM 4G and it will available in three variants with 2GB RAM plus 16GB ROM, 2GB RAM plus 32GB ROM and 3GB RM plus 32GB ROM, starting price from Rs 5999, he said that we are expanding offline to give more touch and feel of the product to our customers. Initially the device was available for sale in Flipkart.com and our official website.
Realme as of today has 283 service centers across India and out of which Telangana currently has 5 service centres, he said the company planning to expand the service network in line with the growing market reacha cross India to serve customer more efficiently. Realme will also be coming with an exclusive service centre in Hyderabad this year.
Realme has launched 8 products which includes realme 1, realme 2, realme 3, realme 2 Pro , realme 3 Pro, realme U1 and realme C2 and as per the counterpoint and IDC, realme has become the 4th largest smartphone brand in india since Q4 2018, he added.
Realme is also working to collaborate with 20,000 multi-brand retail outlets across 150 cities in the country.
Born as Oppo’s sub-brand, Realme is now an independent brand targeting at the global youth.